Sunday 30 May 2010














"Over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house we go"

Over Memorial day weekend we headed out to my grandparents home in Bear Lake and decided to take the kids fishing



Tuesday was "in charge" of the worms because Jonah refused to touch them :)



Jonah keeping a careful eye on papa as he baited the line




Just minutes after dropping his line Jonah got a bite!



His face says it all! 



This is before Tuesday lost her enthusiasm for fishing, needless to say Jonah caught 2 within ten minutes as Tuesday looked on with frustration.  In the end Papa was able to coax her in to waiting and it paid off.  However, both her fish escaped before we could get them off the line.  She was just thrilled to get a bite!


Looking back I see how lucky I was as a child to have grandparents that lived on a farm.  My cousins and I would spend hours exploring the old barn, climbing on the tractors, or chasing through the Fields.  Nature truly does stir the soul, being on the farm away from all the distractions of city life was so good for us.  I love re-creating these experiences for my children and hope they will cherish them as I do one day :)   

2 comments:

  1. So excited you've started a blog! We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hoping you would start a blog someday. YOu've got quite the beautiful blog set-up for it being your first one. I'm soooo happy I can keep in touch with you better through blogging. You do have such a beautiful family. Tuesday is a little Dave and Noah is a little Tiffany. Can't wait to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete