Sunday 24 July 2011

Clear Creek Camping

     Pack up the car, let's dissappear for a few days.


Here we are at Molly's for lunch in a tiny lil' town called Snowville.  To be honest I wasn't very excited that this was our only lunch option before we made it to our camp site.  However, I was proven wrong this lil dinner was delish and had plenty of character.    
I really enjoyed the small town feel, Molly's really was a perfect way to kick off the whole trip.....This trip came about in kind of a spontaneous moment
It was Saturday night and Dave and I were doing one of our favorite things to do... sitting down together over a pile of books we had pulled off the shelves of Barnes and NobleIn the moment surrounded by beautiful books and the sounds of bosanova music playing in the background I had this intense feeling of being so small in such a grand world.  Then I began to have my own private pity party.  "My life is so plane, I don't travel as often as I'd like, I only speak one language, I don't play with my children enough" etc. etc.
  Before I knew it I was sitting in the middle of the cafe crying my eyes out.  Ridiculous I know but I was having a moment of... this is not my beautiful life living in my Victorian home with it's wrap around deck along with a Malibu boat sitting in the garage.  Where were the riding lessons for Tuesday and our own personal brilliant tutor for Jonah?  Oh the list went on and on of all the romantic ideas and dreams of the life I would have at thirty somethin' and the things I would do with my children came crashing down. 

O.k. so long story short I decided that what I had was enough.  That what really matters in this life I had in abundance.  I have incredible loving parents, a loving brother and sister, a generous and caring husband and beautiful, sweet children.   Soooo, it was time to get away from everything that distracted me from my true joys and embrace this time of my life.  And what better way then camping?

  As we turned off the paved road I enjoyed watching the dust clouds form behind us.  Heading into the open fields that lead to the Sawtooth mountain range I sighed a quiet sigh and found joy in that moment.
    



  Here we are on our way to clear creek campground 

 I find sage brush invigorating ; I think it must be related to childhood memories :)



Here is a pic of our camp site taken by Talula from inside our car while Dave and I were putting up the tent LOL. This is the only one of the many, MANY that she took that I didn't erase ;)  
Here is a picture of our "swimming hole" actually it's the run off from the mountains that has dug out the road that leads to the upper half of the camp ground.  This was such a beautiful setting so when the day was at it's hottest we would throw on our suits, pack some snacks, our chapter book we were reading as a family and a blanket and come here.

The kids decided to make a rock castle as there was no sand to be had :)
                                                   


LOL, later on that night Talula learned something new...Only boy pee standing up:)

Ever since this camping trip Talula sneaks out side (in the front yard non the less) to pee on the grass.  She quite enjoys it I'm afraid.



Our traditional family smore roast








 As much as I dislike the idea of bringing a well developed story to an abrupt end I'm going to do just that.  We have sooo many more great pics from the rest of our camping trip like our day trip to the city of rocks.  However, I also feel as though this in itself has been a pretty lengthy blog.  All in all the trip was a success, I came away feeling re-connected to my children and my husband.

                                                          

1 comment:

  1. Wish i could drag her in the woods and impregnate her useless butthole

    ReplyDelete